Once again Victor Martinez played 1st base instead of DH'ing. Chris Gimenez went in for Martinez at 1st base in the 9th inning........I don't get this at all. Martinez is a little dinged up and the Tribe was up by 8 runs from the 7th inning on. There is no reason for Martinez to be in the field right now especially with Grady Sizemore, Travis Hafner, and Asdrubal Cabrera all on the disabled list. You would think that Wedge would want to preserve and protect Martinez like he is on the endangered species list. Especially with Garko just sitting on the bench, Garko is the the team's 1st baseman, use him there.
Another problem I had with the lineup tonight vs. the Twinkies was the use of Mark DeRosa in rightfield and Shin-Soo Choo in left. Numerous times scouts and Indians officials alike have stated that Choo is best suited for RF because of his arm and he has a hard time in left overall judging balls.
Why can't each player just have one god damn position?
I know it's tough with all the injuries but still guys like Garko and Choo should be easy to pencil everyday at the same position day in and day out. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lineup featuring LF Garko, RF Chris Gimenez, CF Josh Barfield, 1B DeRosa, and 3B Luis Valbuena. I really hope Eric Wedge doesn't read this and get any idea's from it........................
I'll never forget the summer that I had to watch Eduardo Perez play 3 games in a row in rightfield at Miller Park in Milwaukee, WI. Man was that ugly. I know Wedge remembers that because you don't forget something like no matter how hard you try to block it out. He put him out there 3 days in a row for crying out loud!
"Versatility" is going to kill this team, write it down.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment